Advising and working with Clients on environmental issues to identify and implement sustainable solutions on their projects.
The drive for sustainability, the requirements of today’s environmental legislation and government policies have meant that environmental issues have become more complex, particularly for the construction industry.
We will manage the environmental risk on behalf of clients from inception through design to implementation. We understand the many forms of environmental legislation and advise clients on the most appropriate, cost effective and best practice in each area. Our approach is flexible and hands on, understanding our client’s changing priorities and pressures, and based on extensive technical environmental expertise.
Our Environment & Sustainability expertise includes the following services:
- Ecology Services
- Environmental Impact Assessments EIA
- Environmental Management Systems
- Environmental Project Management
- Environmental Risk Management
- Sustainability Strategy
Schofield Lothian offers pragmatic ecology support throughout any given project lifecycle and strongly recommends planning ecological surveys early to fully understand potential ecological risks to your project. These risks could cause significant delay to programme, increased costs, and reputational damage. Our professional Ecology Services include:
- Ecology Surveys … Phase 1 habitat surveys, Species specific, Scoping
- Ecological Assessments … Preliminary ecological appraisal, Ecological impact assessment, Habitat regulations assessment, BREEAM, Biodiversity net gain
- Ecological Clerk of Works … Site management, Tool box talks, Site support
This is a selection of the Environment & Sustainability projects we have successfully delivered with our clients:
- HS2 – Ecology services and Environmental management
- Thameslink – Environmental impact assessment (EIA) and risk management, sustainability, ISO 14001 accreditation and certification
- Thameslink Key Outputs 1 & 2 – Environmental management and sustainability consultancy
- Great Western Electrification programme (GWE) – EIA review, Environmental management and delivery of ecology services
- UK Power Networks – Environmental consents and permitting
- M25 & Connect Plus – Environment management and sustainability consultancy
- Victoria Station Upgrade – Environmental Statement and TWA support
- Feltham – Manage and deliver EIA
- North London Line – Environmental management
- Thames Tideway Tunnel – Environmental consents management
We also provide Environmental Training that enables you to develop your own environmental management capabilities. Our trainers are all practicing Environmental Managers able to tailor courses that give your employees the environmental knowledge they need to manage their operations and projects successfully.