We recruit professional Consultants from a diverse range of backgrounds, disciplines, cultures and communities who display our values.
Please contact us if you have professional expertise in any of our Service areas:
- Consents & Engagement
- Environment Services
- Project Management
- Commercial Management
We are particularly interested in hearing from people with industry experience in our sectors: infrastructure, rail, transport, highways, property and utilities.
We also operate an internal ‘Referral Bonus Scheme’ where you can be recommended to join the company by an existing employee, who will then receive a small bonus.
If you would like to ‘join the team’ please talk to a member of staff or send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com .
Current Opportunity …
We are currently looking for a Consultant Ecologist who is looking to further their career and can provide support to our Ecology Team Leader. You will be managing small scale ecological projects independently and be expected to act as a mentor to the junior ecologists and providing on-site training and support. You will need to be able to work independently on projects or as part of multi-disciplinary team, taking responsibility for managing their own tasks effectively. Support will be available as required from specialists and more senior consultants. Schofield Lothian are looking for someone who can support the ecology team leader in winning work and liaising with clients. Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills are essential along with the ability to establish and maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
Tasks and responsibilities will vary depending on the client and the nature and stage of the project being worked on. It may be required to work on multiple projects and with multiple clients simultaneously. Key tasks will be in one or more of the service areas below, depending on need, qualifications and experience:
- Ecological project management: managing ecological projects (small scale), managing site surveys; interpreting performance data and communicating results; preparing reports.
- Ecology services: leading graduate ecologists on habitat and protected species field surveys; report writing; analysing data; and managing sub-contractors
Undertaking any other duties appropriate to the post including business development activities and bid writing.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in a relevant subject
- 3 – 6 years relevant work experience
- Minimum associate membership of a relevant professional institute (e.g. IEMA, CIEEM)
- Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Ability to establish and maintain effective stakeholder relationships
- Able to lead and manage ecological surveys such as bats and GCN.
- Able to undertake and write a Preliminary Ecological Appraisals
- Ability to adapt to our clients’ environments, working individually and as part of a team; and lead develop, manage and motivate teams in a changing environment
- Possess a good level of interpersonal skill, both verbal and written, including problem solving and negotiating skills, management of meetings and presentations
- Able to demonstrate strong commitment to Schofield Lothian company values: honesty, respect, integrity & trust, collaboration, and accountability
- Computer literate and a strong ability in using the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Marketing skills / willing to contact potential clients and write proposals
- Able to manage numerous activities/different projects simultaneously – short and long term
- Able to create and maintain strong client relationships
- Excellent understanding of ecological legislation for development
- Experience of working with contractors / Ecological Clerk of Works
- Experience in using a range of bat detectors and ability to analyse sonograms accurately
- Experience in planning and advising on mitigation for at least one protected species
- Experience in writing European Protected Species Mitigation licence applications
- Experience in preliminary ecological appraisals and Phase 1 surveys
- Experience in using a range of bat detectors and sonogram analysis
- Experience in Biodiversity Net Gain and BREEAM ecological assessments
- Marketing skills / willing to contact potential clients
- Tender preparation experience
- Botanical knowledge
- GIS skills in producing ecological maps
- Experience of working on large infrastructure projects
Potential applicants should send their CV with a short paragraph of how they would benefit out team to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is Friday 26 February 2021.
Direct applicants only please.
The current vacancies advertised on this website are for candidates to apply directly to Schofield Lothian.
When we are unable to fill a vacancy directly, then Schofield Lothian will enlist the help of the approved recruitment agencies from our Preferred Supplier List (PSL). All CVs from our PSL recruitment agencies must be submitted directly to us by the agency or they will not be recognised as an introduction to Schofield Lothian.
Schofield Lothian is unable to work with recruitment agencies outside our PSL. We will not enter any commercial undertaking with any recruitment businesses on the basis of speculative marketed CVs or telephone calls. Schofield Lothian will not be liable for any costs, charges, recruitment fees or other liabilities incurred by any recruitment business which does not adhere to these terms.